Close your eyes and let me paint you a picture.
Six days post op. No showers. No baths. (modified sponge baths to wash the necessary bits and parts) Limited mobility. Limited range of motion with my arms. Sleeping on my back for 7 nights. Sweaty and hot from the painkillers; itchy and rashy from the antibiotics.
Now, open your eyes.
So this is me. My cray hair, bandages, bruises and all.
Ok, close your eyes again. Now picture two fab friends (one of whom, as a fellow tribe member, has thickish non-straightish hair like me) who knew how badly I was in need of a proper hair wash and blow-dry and called The Blow Dry Bar to the rescue to make an emergency house call. (‘Cuz it’s all about ‘tude, right? If you look good, then you feel good! Everyone knows this.) I cannot explain the happiness that is a good hair day. Especially following 6 bad hair days.
Thank you C and D for making a gal feel pretty. Oh happy day!
- For DB for transporting black market “meds” across town lines from one cancer gal to another
- To KC for not only showering us with yum food from Comforts and Bartons, but for rearranging my shoe shelves with me today (clean closet…clean mind)
- To FFM for 3 Ls: listening, laundry and laughs
- To LKS for taking The Intern out on a walk despite the weather
- To PR for being one of the 5
- To EJ for being my FF Guinea Pig and errand girl
- To the tag team of Cindy/Marcia for herding the cattle and doing the dirty stuff
- To LS, BW and LW for Team Gins swagger wagon rides